And he saith unto them, I am he of whom it is written by the prophets; follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. Matt. 4:19
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Happy Mothers Day!
What a great week! Several emails from Josh and two phone calls. We had a full 30 mins to chat with him today and we could of gone on and on :) He had so much to tell us, it is very exciting! He loves the Guatemala CCM, I think his exact words were this place is heaven, the best place he has ever been! The CCM has a big wall around it and they have guards with rifles readily available keeping them safe. He isn't worried at all, it seems to be just the way things are there. They are surrounded with mountains and Josh said it is beautiful. Today was P-day and he played a full 4 hrs of soccer :) I believe his team are now the reigning champs! It did take a while for him to adjust to the ball though, it is smaller and heavier but all is well! He really likes his companion who is from Utah and sadly none of us seem to remember his name. whoops! They share a room with four hispanic speaking Elders that speak little English so it is difficult to communicate but today they had a breakthrough and found a few things to talk about. Josh said He has learned so much Spanish and can now teach a lesson :) yeah! They went out into the city the other day and helped clean the streets for service. It is very different but he loves it. The food at the CCM is everything he had been told and more. This makes him very happy :) They have a chef and the food is delicious. It is of course mainly hispanic food but for Josh this is great because it has always been his favorite. The missionaries have to eat all the food given them or it is considered very rude. Josh has had no problem with this whatsoever! He loves the feeling there and thinks it makes the MTC in Provo seem, well let's just say, not so good! All in all Elder Smith is the happiest I have ever heard him. We are so proud of him and know he will continue to learn and love the people there. I wish I could see him as a missionary but this is his experience and I get to let him enjoy the ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment